Monday, September 28, 2009

Get Down With the Sickness

Friday afternoon: leave clinic after lunch and do tar wars. drive home.
Saturday: Free clinic and children
Sunday Morning: cough. Sunday night: 102 fever while hanging out with Frylime.
Monday morning: headache, worse cough, although feeling a bit better.
Monday Afternoon: Post doctor, also 1 decadron and 1 abx shot, 1 Rx for tamiflu and Keflex.
Monday Night: Chills, 102-103 steady, and body aches begin.

Bilateral otitis media and most likely flu on top of that. They took a swab and sent it to baptist. I should know by morning. Although those things can take a while to turn positive and I've been exposed to it over and over. Although I wash my hands compulsively at the clinic, but I just had purel when I left the elementary school. Ugh, kids.

So I guess I'm stuck at home until all this passes. I would have driven down except I passed out when I got home and woke up off and on between phone calls to promptly pass out again. Plus, I'm starting to feel like I got hit by a bus. The lady I'm staying with has a son in his 20's and his friends are always coming in and out. I don't want to expose all of them in case I have the flu (I'm becoming more convinced by the minute).

Let's hope my fever goes away by tomorrow so I can drive down and start my preceptoring again. I hate missing school. I feel like I'm pussing out by not going in. I know I should just suck it up but honestly I'd most likely be worthless. And my cough sounds of something out of the hospital during the peak of consumption.

Hope everyone else stays flu free!

No comments: