I'm really getting frustrated with this whole "medical school" thing.
1. they like to play "experiment with the curriculum". Which includes our grades. I'm getting pretty sick and tired of having to pay for previous classes. Like when the biostats professor says he's tired of people blowing off his class (which, remind you, is worth 24 hours to path's 200) so he makes the test impossible. So now, instead of being encouraged by making decent grades, we're discouraged and hate the piece of shit excuse for medical school algebra because you decided to make the test shittastically impossible. Yeah, you really showed us.
2. I figured that at age 24, and in professional school, busywork would become a thing of the past. Clearly I'm advanced enough in my education I don't need "homework" anymore. Well, that's exactly what psych has decided to do with their little quizzes. I won't complain much about prev med or biostats, because at least you can take those until you get all the questions right. But psych has basically given us homework to complete. I guess I was too hasty to assume that at this level in my education I was self driven and disciplined enough to learn the material on my own without having to answer a bunch of questions on the previous lecture. Guess not.
3. Yes, I'm fully aware that there is this big bad board test called step 1. Currently, I'm staring down the barrel of the metaphorical gun. However, giving me come to Jesus moments and then freaking out when I tell you that no, no I have NOT started studying because I'm desperately trying to keep up with the new M2 curriculum is not helping me. So how about you stop telling me what a big deal this test is and how you don't want everyone to fail again this year and get these course directors on leashes and tell them that they can't take up all my time with pointless quizzes and tests that dont' reflect in any way, shape, or form ANYTHING they covered in lecture. Yes, I'm scared shitless about step because it plays a part in determining my future career. However, if I don't pass these out of control classes (as little as they contribute to my overall grade, I still have to pass) I can't even take the damn thing so I'm still stuck in a shitcreek without a paddle and a hole in the bottom of my canoe. So stop reminding me.
Ok, I feel better. Let's all now see what Izzy has! (I'm thinking it's some weird AV malformation causing strokes in the frontal lobe. But I hated neuro and just passed, so I'm most likely wrong!)
1 comment:
A-freakin'-men.
Post a Comment