Friday, December 25, 2009

Happy Christmas

Happy Christmas to everyone! I know I'm not british, but I like to pick up on the cooler than cool lingo every once and a while.

Our christmas celebration took place on christmas eve. And this year without too much of a rucus.
Highlights include:
  • my mother trying to micromanage right down to the type of knife to use while cutting the ham
  • my sister gifting me champagne and oj, where we proceeded to drink mimosas all night
  • Gryffin attacking my sister then proceeding to hide under the china cabinet until all children vacated the building
  • getting about 4-5 "merry christmas" texts from numbers I don't even know
  • Awkward presents from my brother's soon to be ex wife who didn't come but sent gifts anyway
  • my brother and sister taking off with the majority of the leftovers (I'm angry they took ALL the broccoli and cheese casserole)
  • the "honey" ham complete with red pepper flakes (sans fennel seeds thank god) actually coming out tasty!!!
I'm just taking today easy. I'm planning on cleaning my room and bathroom very well, then maybe doing something later with people. I've also been seasoning my wok (omg it's so pretty) and counting down the days until I move out so I can use my very pretty kitchen Aid Mixer (a big surprise from my parents. thought i was going to get that NEXT year). So maybe next year I'll just ask for a puppy? haha. Probably just money for the interview trail (eek!).

Anyway, hope everyone's christmas was filled with joy and family.

Now for some cuties:
niece and nephew with homemade hot chocerate (haha Aspiring neurosurgeon! or should I say COLORECTAL SURGEON! tee hee)
The goofy brother with whipped cream on his nose

Gryffin was the keeper of the presents.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I got my KitchenAid when I graduated from college...it's my BABY. You'll find the most obscene uses for it. I think med school makes us more inventive multitaskers.